Setting Goals...

I found this poem the other day in a book that I bought.  It hit me since just recently I shared with you that I have been setting some goals and really working at achieving them.  Let me share it with you.

I believe in setting goals really high.  Then, if you stumble, you still might be very good in the eyes of the others.  But, if you set them low, once you get there, you're going to be satisfied with what is probably not your best.  You're never going to push yourself to achieve even more.  That's what dream are about, aren't they?
- Derek Jeter
 
 
I think this says a lot.  Because this weekend I seem to be struggling, and am feeling a little down because I didn't obtain some of my goals.  However, I was a little under the weather and I still did get some stuff done.  So what I did to make myself feel a little better was I decided to write down the things I did accomplish.  That was very helpful and made me feel a little better.
 
I am happy to report that I am so close to finishing my daughters 2 year album volume 3.  I have only two pages left (actually one 2 page spread) to finish and I am so close to it being done but believe it or not with all the paper I own in this scrapbook room, I didn't have the sheet I need to finish this page.  I had to order it so as soon as it comes in I will complete that and be done.  What a huge accomplishment that will be.  Doing this journaling is tough all at once but I WILL do it!!
 
This weekend I worked on getting some objects cut out on my cricut for some signs a committee I am on is making for our schools MCA testing.  Tomorrow we will be meeting to put the signs together.  It will be fun and hopefully the kids will find them encouraging for the testing.
 
Well I am off to chill with hubby while watching Army Wives and then off to bed for it is work tomorrow.
 
Hopefully you in Minnesota are staying warm and dry this weekend.
 
Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment